Honor 10 overview – GSMArena.com exams #Toronto #Montreal #Calgary #Ottawa #Canada
Huawei and Honor could also be described as two sides of the identical coin. Honor, being a Huawei sub-brand, has the advantage of having full entry to its mum or dad firm expertise and R&D. But in the case of advertising technique, the 2 firms could not probably be wanting in additional completely different instructions than they’re. Honor is useless set on providing inexpensive high-quality smartphones so, in most markets, gross sales undergo on-line channels solely. At different locations, the 2 manufacturers even use completely different provide chains and their respective advertising campaigns are unbiased. And that is why we discover ourselves within the odd place of reviewing the Honor 10 – a tool which is considerably cheaper than the Huawei P20, and but, it is surprisingly an identical to the flagship gadget in so some ways.
The specs for Honor’s flagships have been fairly simple to guess recently – take essentially the most present Huawei P smartphone, go away the Leica branding out of the specs sheet and there you’ve gotten it. The identical applies for the Honor 10 – it is a P20 sans the flowery branding. But priced at simply 399, the flagship prices equal, if not much less, to a mean mid-ranger and that is the place issues get fascinating.
The Honor 10 has the glass physique of the P20, the distinctive paintjobs included. On paper, the 2 additionally share the identical display, identical processor, identical battery with the identical SuperCost assist, identical software program, and moderately comparable cameras. And but, the 10 is impressively cheaper.
Once meant for markets exterior of Huawei’s attain, now each manufacturers are broadening their attain independently, so it seems the previous technique was deserted. And that is a superb factor. Huawei is extensively promoting the P20 Lite and P20 Pro, whereas leaving the common P20 exterior of the dialog. And the Honor 10 is making the run for its spot.
Honor 10 specs
- Body: Aluminum body, glass again, 149.6 x 71.2 x 7.7 mm, 153g
- Screen: 5.84″ 2280x1080px (19:9) IPS LCD, 432ppi, notched
- Chipset: HiSilicon Kirin 970, Octa-core (4×2.Four GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.Eight GHz Cortex-A53), Mali-G72 MP12 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 128GB of storage (these could range by market although), no microSD slot
- Camera: Dual: 16MP RGB (f/1.8) + 24 MP B/W, section detection autofocus, 2160p @ 30fps video
- Selfie cam: 24MP (f/2.0), 1080p video
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo with Huawei EMUI 8.1 + AI options
- Battery: 3,400 mAh non-removable, Huawei Super Charger (5V@4.5A)
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM; USB-C (USB 2.0), NFC, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, GLONASS
- Misc: IR Blaster, front-mounted fingerprint sensor with gesture navigation, single bottom-firing loudspeaker
The dual-camera setup on the again makes use of the identical RGB+B&W combo however depends on completely different digicam sensors. We are but to see if the picture high quality can be similar to P20, however we’re fairly optimistic based mostly on our expertise with earlier Honor flagships.
But sufficient teasing, let’s pop this factor out of the field and get this overview began.
Honor 10 unboxing
The Honor 10 is cheaper than the Huawei P20, so we won’t be choosy in regards to the retail package deal. Indeed, there aren’t any headphones inside, however every part else has been carried over. The Huawei Super Charger is right here together with the improved USB Type-C cable. You want each for the quick charging to work – the rest will not do it.
There can be a clear silicone case to maintain that shiny curvy again protected from scratches.