#GlobalNews: “Christmas tree cursbside pickup underway in Montreal – Montreal”
While many Montrealers are back at work already, for others the holidays only come to end — at least symbolically — when the Christmas tree comes down. But then there’s the question of how to dispose of the tree?
READ MORE: Montreal gets a new ‘ugly’ Christmas tree
As in previous years, the City of Montreal is offering curbside pickup for discarded trees. Trees must be stripped of decorations and placed on the curb before 7 a.m. the day of collection.
READ MORE: This video proves why it’s so important to water Christmas trees
Officials ask that trees do not impede sidewalks or snow removal work. Furthermore, trees should not be wrapped in plastic, nor should be they be planted into the snow as to differentiate between healthy trees and those requiring disposal.
Pick-up times and dates vary by borough:
- Ahuntsic-Cartierville: Wednesdays on Jan. 10 and 17
- Anjou: Wednesdays on Jan. 3 and 10
- Côte-des-Neiges–Notre-Dame-de-Grâce: Wednesdays on Jan. 10 and 17
- Lachine: Wednesdays on Jan. 3, 10, 17 and 24
- LaSalle: Wednesdays on Jan. 10 and 17
- Le Plateau-Mont-Royal: Wednesdays on Jan. 10, 17 and 24
- Le Sud-Ouest: Fridays on Jan. 5 and 12
- L’Île-Bizard–Sainte-Geneviève: Wednesdays on Jan. 3 and 10
- Mercier–Hochelaga-Maisonneuve: Wednesdays on Jan. 3, 10 and 17
- Montréal-Nord: Wednesdays on Jan. 3 and 10
- Outremont: Monday, Jan. 8
- Pierrefonds-Roxboro: Wednesdays on Jan. 3 and 10
- Rivière-des-Prairies–Pointe-aux-Trembles: Wednesday, Jan. 10
- Rosemont–La Petite-Patrie: Wednesdays on Jan. 10, 17 and 24
- Saint-Laurent: According to the organic waste collection schedule, the weeks of Jan. 15 and 29 and the week of Feb.12
- Saint-Léonard: Mondays on Jan. 8 and 15
- Verdun: Wednesdays on Jan. 3 and 10
- Ville-Marie: Wednesdays on Jan. 3, 10 and 17
- Villeray–Saint-Michel–Parc-Extension: Wednesdays on Jan. 3, 10 and 17
Residents can also drop off their trees at any of the city’s seven eco-centres.
The city says that every year, more than 25,000 trees avoid the landfill and are turned into wood chips to be used for energy recovery.
© 2018 Global News, a division of Corus Entertainment Inc.
Note: “Previously Published on: 7 January 2018 | 7:08 pm, as ‘Christmas tree cursbside pickup underway in Montreal – Montreal’ on GLOBALNEWS CANADA. Here is a source link for the Article’s Image(s) and Content”.-----