#GlobalNews: “Star Wars: Episode IX director, Disney part ways over vision for movie – National”
LOS ANGELES – The Star Wars movie franchise has parted ways with another director, Walt Disney Co announced on Tuesday, saying that Colin Trevorrow would no longer be directing the studio’s scheduled 2019 film Star Wars: Episode IX.
Disney and Lucasfilm in a statement blamed differing visions for the project but did not name a replacement.
READ MORE: R2-D2 from original ‘Star Wars’ sells for millions at auction
“Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX,” the statement said.
WATCH: Darth Vader takes over live TV weather forecast on Star Wars Day
“Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process, but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon.”
READ MORE: B.C. boy with autism who loves ‘Star Wars’ Kraft Dinner will help develop new shape
It was the second Star Wars project to lose a director this year. Disney in June said that film makers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller had left the upcoming Han Solo Star Wars spin-off movie project due to creative differences.
Note: “Previously Published on: 5 September 2017 | 10:57 pm, as ‘Star Wars: Episode IX director, Disney part ways over vision for movie – National’ on GLOBALNEWS CANADA. Here is a source link for the Article’s Image(s) and Content”.